If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: On Starting My Tenth Year in NYC

Saturday, August 20, 2005

On Starting My Tenth Year in NYC

I've kept a journal off and on for years, though since I've been writing for a living, I haven't been writing much journal stuff. I knew it was close to my ninth anniversary of moving to NYC, and I pulled out the journal from back then to check the date. This is the last entry into that particular journal:

Aug 20, 1996

So this is it --

John D, Johnny S, and J Sho dropped me off. A beautiful last look at New Mexico. As I descended down the ramp to the plane, the full magnitude of what I'm doing hit me.

Holy Shit!
This is crazy.

I realize that I am leaving all facets of security behind. No friends, no home, no family, no lovers, nothing. A dream, though. Some money ($9000) in the bank. My brain, my body, my ability. I am so excited. I am going to make it. This is the culmination of so much.

The plane just started pulling away. My life starts now. I am making my life happen.

24 years old, well, 23 years and 354 days.

So much in this journal is about other people, but suddenly -- yes, it's true, it's just me. Oh what a feeling. So liberating, so desperately scary. It's all about me. Me, me, me. This is how life should be lived.

So I guess I'm going to say goodbye to New Mexico and hello to life. "Hello, life." "Hello, Cody Willard."

I'm gonna' rock this world!

.

Oh, man, I still have so much to do.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi cody

you still have very much to do, so keep on rockin, and have fun and don't let anybody stop you from your dreams, Keep on rockin

claudia

8/21/2005 10:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing such a private and very sweet moment in your life. you've done good, cody. now, take care of your blood pressure so you can live long and healthy.

8/22/2005 07:55:00 AM  
Blogger KJS said...

That was me in August 2006 ...

12/05/2006 07:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home