If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: NMF: The Chambers Brothers, or How Not to Lose Your iPod

Friday, May 05, 2006

NMF: The Chambers Brothers, or How Not to Lose Your iPod

I heard this band, The Chambers Brothers on the TV Cable Classic Rock cable channel. Downloaded the album, “Time Has Come - The Best of The Chambers Brothers” today. Holy cow, it’s a great album. The best is definitely the title song and it’s the longer version with the great drum beats that really hooked me.


I emailed Rod asking him if he’d heard of them before. Let you know what he says. Anybody who does know ‘em, throw in your two cents worth in the comments section, please.

P.S.
I think I’ve owned, broken and/or lost five iPods of my own. I can’t find my white Nano anywhere right now and it’s killing me. Is this what life was like before my iPod? Anyway, the reason I’d lost this one is because, once again, I’d separated it from the good headphones when I’d used them to listen to music on my computer the other day. So I’m thinking the best way to not lose the iPod is to buy it its very own set of headphones, and that way they’ll never be separated. It’s a lot harder to lose an iPod with a set of headphones than it is without them. Not that it can’t be done either way, as I can attest.


(Note to self: Why would anyone listen to your advice on how NOT to lose an iPod? I mean, you just explained that you’ve lost five of them!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Michael Stein said...

I knew this group well in the late 60's early seventies. They were the background mucis for many a late-night talk-fest about the meaning of life. One of the brothers, Lester, is still around, playing blues; I heard him at the Philadephia Folk Festival last August.
"Time" was covered recently by Steve Earl and Sheryl Crowe

5/05/2006 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger Sharp Trader said...

Ah, now I see why you are so bullish on Apple. If customers are like you, that's significant unaccounted for revenue. Just kidding, have a good weekend.

5/05/2006 07:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cody, it makes me smile when you talk about losing stuff. You remind me of my son who has lost more cell phones than I can count... the most recent the day after he purchased it. There have been days when he returns home with his head still on his shoulders and I consider it a victory! Well I'm here to see the latest K&C video - was unable to watch it on the tube. And Re: Microsoft - gutsy call - I think you are right about the company but I don't want to say that too loudly on the RM blog... I like EBAY here too, which may be hated more.

5/06/2006 02:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i travel quite a bit and one week left my nano on my desk; talk about a long week of travel; what was life like without the ipod? no music? no podcasts? what did people do?

5/12/2006 08:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cody,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but as a concerned reader of your daily postings, I am wondering if you have Attention Deficit Disorder. You seem to have some of the traits. You are bright, witty, entrepreneur like, tend to lose things, seem to have lots of energy, creative, and you mentioned you can't keep up with a committed relationship. These are all traits of ADD. Please understand, I am no authority, just a financial advisor who found you on Kudlow. After reading the postings, I feel like I owe it to you to mention this. I am learning more every day, as my husband has just been diagnosed. You would not believe the difference this has made to us. Just thought I'd throw it your way.

I enjoy you on Kudlow and the insightful daily information on this site. Take care and good luck!

6/20/2006 08:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.chambersbrothersreunited.com

9/01/2006 12:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chambers Brothers are national treasures. Besides "Time" they were instrumental for melding rock, blues and gospel and bringing it to a large (huge) inter-racial audience. They are re-uniting on 2/24/07 at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre in Los Angeles. You owe it to yourselves to see them!!! For tix and more info call 323-769-5829 and check out their website www.chambersbrothersreunited.com. You won't be sorry!!!

9/10/2006 12:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chambers Brothers are the classic Blues Rock and Soulsters. I have a few of their LP's and I love their version of "What The World Needs Now IS Love" . Brian Keenan's "fire cracker like" drumming and the brothers harmonising is the best version of that song. Love em'

2/10/2007 05:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home