If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: NMF: JET

Friday, March 03, 2006

NMF: JET

One of JET's behind the scenes folk sent me their CD a while ago, and I have to say they have become quite an influence on my own music. I love their guitar work. The riffs, man, the riffs.

In some ways, JET is sorta' a Black Crowes for the next generation. Not quite as straight foward and bluesy as my boys from Athens, GA, JET somehow adds a more modern element -- perhaps it's about the layers in their music. Then again, the Black Crowes are very layered too. The point is, JET rocks a lot like the Black Crowes do.

If you've ever played or been around a Electronic Arts Madden 2005 video game, you already are sick and tired of "Are You Gonna' Be My Girl", which is a great rock jam with a killer hook that catches your rebel inside and makes him sit still at attention for a couple minutes.


They also slow it down for you and play some pretty melodic tunes such as "Radio Song". "This song won't be played on the radio - o - o - o" Cameron whines, pleads, and explains to the listener. I hear ya, bro, and I get your point. "Look What You've Done" is an Oasis/Beatles-esque ballad that simplifies their sound and chills it out in a nice straight forward relaxing manner.

"Last chance" is, in the "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" kinda rocking vein, and I frankly like it better than the more popular song.

I expect this band, originally from down under, has a very long, successful career ahead of them. Surely our generation (hmmm, are they in my generation or below mine? Wow, how old have I gotten?) is going to have a Rolling Stones type band or two. Surely.

Or maybe we should hope not. Anyway, JET rocks.

4 Comments:

Blogger ACTORSITE said...

Cody, Just found your blog...I like it!!! Gimme your thoughts on where oil is going, I own VLO and BRY...thanks man, Bruno (your actor friend in Hollywood)

3/04/2006 06:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no Cody, my bet is that there won't be another rolling stones. at least partly because of this new world of communication we live in. too many choices for anyone to get too big.

3/04/2006 09:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey "the cody blog" I'm all over thestreet.com throughout the day and i found this site from your "day in the life" video. I'd like to see more financial posts. www.blogmaverick.com is much cooler than thecodyblog, but,i respect your honesty and random thoughts.

3/05/2006 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Cody Willard said...

Hey, all,

My financial commentary stays on the sites that pay me for it. this is my personal, political, and music blog.

3/06/2006 11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home