If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: NMF: Love Arcade

Friday, February 03, 2006

NMF: Love Arcade

No links to iTunes for this week's "New Music Friday" post. Rather, I'm featuring a band that's so new, it's not yet on iTunes. Ah, but it is on myspace.com of course.

The band? All right, all right, already.

Love Arcade is the band, a five member outfit.


I hear colors of Duran Duran, Matthew Sweet, and the Killers on their thus far biggest "hit" called "Keep It Comin'". It's a groovey uptempo jam with a synthesized layer that reaches down, picks your eardrums up out of your head and sets them on a roller coaster that ticks ever higher.

"Can't Stop" is a smooth song which owes its essence to Blondie. They should just call it "Ode to Blondie".

"Sara" is a 80s-esque love song, that actually reminds me of a great jam from a middle of the road hair band jam, the title of which shares the title of one of Love Arcade's other songs, "Sweet Thing". Give you one more hint to the hair band...they collaborated with Billy Corgan on a couple songs a few years ago....you have to guess it though, I'm not gonna give it to you.

I've had a demo of six songs that Love Arcade's agent sent to me on my playlist for the last few weeks. Love Arcade has a sweet sound that will likely result in some mainstream success sooner rather than later. I do think the band sounds like they're holding just a little something back, and they need to overcome that if they really want to take it to the next level.

Bleed for us. Rip your insides out, and show us what you're really made of. Push it. Flip it. Be a rock star.

They're so close.

When those roller coaster layers turn from taking us to the top to plunging and slamming and we feel our stomachs in our throats...then we'll know that Love Arcade has arrived. Their destiny is up to them.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you! See I am from detriot area, where they a based from. I also listen to all sort of music, and the instant I heard keep it comin' I swore it was going to be huge!

6/22/2006 08:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to agree also. I had never heard of these guys, but saw them at the Starland Ballroom with Yellowcard last night and they were great. They had a camera crew following them the whole time, so look for them to make a big push when their album comes out in August.

6/26/2006 10:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw love arcade last night at the Yellowcard show at Starland and they were amazing. I had never heard them before, but they seem like they're gonna be big. Now i have to sit and wait for August to come...

6/26/2006 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this band is going to skyrocket. I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice. Their "Sweet Thing" song is the hottest strut song I've ever heard. Adorable to look at,sweet on the ears, spells success to me. Go all the way Guys, You rock!!

6/26/2006 11:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This band is absolutely going to just blow up. I have known been listening to this band long before they were llove arcade. i have known the base player since second grade and had been very good friends. this band doesnt just have great talent they have a certain livelyness that will take them over the top. over the years their music has gotten better and better and so did their performances. they will be huge before you know it. - Evan B

8/07/2006 04:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have to agree with the other bloggers about love arcade, my daughter first saw them at bamboozle at the meadowlands in new jersey last may, she came home and raved about them, since then we have seen them in hoboken, asbury park nj 3 times, 1 time in philadelphia, and the saint in asbury park nj this feb 19, they are the nicest guys, hanging out after the show signing autographs taking pictures etc, some advice for anyone who has not seen them yet, see them now in some of the smaller venues because this band is gonna be huge and tix will be hard to get when that happens, they are just as big in new jersey as they are in their home town of michigan, go see them.

2/15/2007 07:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home