If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: NMF: Turkey, Texas Special

Friday, April 21, 2006

NMF: Turkey, Texas Special

I happened to put on a CD that my buddy and once-boss from my real estate appraiser days in Ruidoso, Rod Adamson, sent me last summer. He's the one who turned me onto Neil Young. Using one of the many wonders of our world, I immediately reached out and communicated with him by sending him an email. I told him I was listening to it asked him if he would list a few of his favorite albums and/or songs that he thought I probably don't have so that I could buy them on iTunes.

I got this terrific list from him tonight and immediately used another wonder of our age and called him on my Treo because one paragraph in I realized what a great New Music Friday this would make. He was down with me publishing it when I asked, so here it is. Shoot either Rod or I (or both of us) an email and let us know what you think of any or all of it.


Hi Cody,

I would probably start with any song off of Derek and the Dominoes Layla album. Then, just about anything from Eric Clapton. I think some of Eric's early work is real good. When he was with Cream and Blind Faith. Several great songs on Blind Faith.


Then, go to the Beatles catalog. Songs by the Beatles such as Helter Skelter, Hey Bulldog, Lady Madonna, Twist and Shout, She Loves You, and on and on....


Then, how about Neil Young? My favorite albums by him are Harvest and Everbybody Knows this is Nowhere. You probably already have those songs, though.


What about Steppenwolf, Allman Brothers Band, James Gang, Joe Walsh, Eagles, Stevie Ray Vaughn? How about Sass Jordon, Widespread Panic, AC/DC, Queen, Jethro Tull, ZZ Top, Deep Purple?


Right now, I have five CD's in my player, Led Zeppelin-IV, Beatles-Hard Days Night, Jo Jo Gunne-self titled, Roy Orbison-greatest hits, and Big Head Todd and the Monsters-Sister Sweetly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bell bottom blues...AMAZING!!!

4/23/2006 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home