If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: Communications -- not the telecom kind either

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Communications -- not the telecom kind either

I've got a pretty ideal single guy's life. I live in a great apartment in NYC. I write for a couple of magazines and websites and go on TV sometimes -- and I run a hedge fund. To be frank: chicks dig that stuff.

Doesn't mean it's all roses though. Last summer I was getting sorta' serious with a young professional ball room dancer. She was great -- fun, sweet, passionate about her work...and hot. Long story short (and I will tell the long story long sometime in these pages): she cheated on me. That really hurt, and there's no getting around that. As far as I know, that was the first time I'd ever been cheated on. I certainly hope it's the last.

I'm now dating a beautiful former runway model, seven-language-speaking, marketing executive (now that is a resume!). She's just wonderful.

Last weekend we got in a couple arguments over nonsense. Blows me away that, no matter how smart and rational two people might be, they still argue sometimes. Wanna know what most of the arguments in my relationships are usually about? What we're arguing about.

Yeah, it drives me crazy. One of the two of us will get upset, and somehow instead of just expressing it and resolving it, it seems like we spend hours discussing whether we should be discussing what we're discussing. I'm convinced that's what most fights in a relationship end up being about -- simply about the fight itself. And sometimes about the fight about the fight about the fight itself.

(And in case you're wondering -- no, I certainly didn't actually read those sites hyperlinked over (hyperlinked over the hyperlinked over the hyperlink?) the word "argue".)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi.. thanks to visit my blog.

I think men and women will have arguments about anything for the rest of their life, no matter how smart and rational they might be. Men & women will have different thoughts no matter how much common sense that they have. Cuz men from mars and women from venus :P

But the essence of relationship is trying to unite all the differences, rite? ;)

2/24/2005 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures plz...just curious if her hair is longer than yours.

3/08/2005 05:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home