If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: A Royal and Depressing Pain

Monday, April 25, 2005

A Royal and Depressing Pain

I can still elevate, at least I could yesterday. It was so nice outside yesterday, and I couldn't resist the urge to go play some pick up despite my repeated claims of retirement from hooping. So in a good game of 2 on 2 with a couple of guys who could really play and one big galoofy dude who was okay, I drove by my man and went up to throw it down on the rim (for the record, the rim was an inch too low, IMHO). Anyway, the big galoofy dude undercut me and sorta' tackled me, I guess. I slammed into the ground and really fucked up my ankle...again.

I've shattered this same ankle twice as a teen. Used to have a screw in it and then a couple of pins. If we were in any other time and place in the hisory of the planet, I'd be crippled. In that sense, I suppose it goes back yet again to those immortal words from Joe Walsh:

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."

And this busted ankle sucks.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home