If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: The Cody News (May 9, 2005)

Monday, May 09, 2005

The Cody News (May 9, 2005)

Poll: Americans Searching for Pain Relief ABC News - 2 hours agoMay 9, 2005 -- More than half of Americans live with chronic or recurrent pain, with broad numbers saying it interferes with their activities, mood and ... Oh, waaa. Poor us, let's all get on a bunch of mind-numbing, body-numbing pain drugs to relieve us from this torture called life. Not.

Court says FCC exceeded authority USA Today - 7 hours agoBy Paul Davidson, USA TODAY. Hollywood plans to turn to Congress in its bid to add anti-piracy technology to digital TVs after an ...
You have to love it when the courts rule against bureaucratic, crony, entrenched powers. And this one's important for the coming video revolution.

Nash says MVP award beyond wildest dreams CTV - 1 hour agoA humble Steve Nash says he's trying to get used to being in the spotlight, after becoming the first Canadian to be named most valuable player of the National Basketball Association. "I think it was wishful ...
I don't watch much hoops whatsoever, but how do you not cheer for this dishing point guard getting the MVP.

Twelve New Moons for Saturn Wired News - 3 hours agoAstronomers trying to perfect a model for how the solar system formed got a dozen tiny steps closer to their goal last week, thanks to the discovery of 12 additional moons around Saturn.
Yeah, really, now I'm sure they'll have all the answers to the formation of the solar system. What a crock.

Sober worm hits new heights ZDNet UK - 1 hour agoThe Sober.P worm is circulating the Internet in greater quantities than ever, according to an antivirus company on Monday. Sophos has reported that the mass-mailing worm now accounts for 5.4 percent of all ...
Sigh.

Belgium Students Break Pillow Fight Record Washington Post, DC - May 3, 2005-- Thousands of students from Leuven University in Belgium had a great time breaking the world record for the largest pillow fight on Tuesday. ...
Read on a blog from an attendee that everyone was just outright hammered -- not with pillows, if you know what I mean. Pretty funny stuff, regardless -- and ostensibly for a good cause.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Cody, I guess you have had intense, chronic pain for years, and have dealt with it "like a man." Maybe you could be a testosterone donor for all those other wimps out there.

5/10/2005 09:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you slept through junior high science classs, a reminder that science knowledge advances incrementally. Stay away from science and stick to the "gotta-have-the-answer-now-or-it-isn't-worth-it" Street. Forcing yourself to find things about which to be sarcastic everyday isn't improving the quality of your blog.

5/10/2005 09:34:00 AM  
Blogger Cody Willard said...

Ain't nuttin "manly" about dealing with the pain of life. Pain threshold and so-called chronic pain are a state of mind in many ways.

I see my comments themselves are painful for you. Maybe you can get some presription drugs for that too!

As for the science stuff -- I'm poking fun at these scientists trying to "perfect" their model. Incremental advancment is cool, but it ain't perfection.

5/10/2005 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Cody Willard said...

Wow, I love my Unknown Broker -- I just wish I knew who he was. ;)

Actually, the whole point of my disgust with that article was the ridiculous stats they cite. I certainly know that millions of people have true "chronic" pain -- and prescription drugs are key tools for them.

But gimme a break that nearly 40% of us adults have chronic pain.

As for my own personal anecdotal experience with pain -- I've had more than my fair share of injuries and pain. I've broken bones in my body so many times I've lost count around 20.

This ankle that I keep busting is completely fucked up as it's had pins and screws in it and it's pretty frickin painful pretty frickin often.

I know pain, man.

5/10/2005 01:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home