If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: Why To Go Salads Can't Go Mainstream

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Why To Go Salads Can't Go Mainstream

For a span of a few years, from 1995 to 1998 or so I didn't drink cokes or eat candy bars. Sugar was the enemy, and I ate very healthy in general.

Then one day I had lunch with a good friend of mine and his father. The two of them are two of the coolest and most fun dudes I know. His father, a 60ish years old guy, says to me, "You know there's just nothing better to wash a lunch down than a classic ol' coke." So I ordered a coke. And I haven't eaten as healthy ever since (though I still am far on the "healthy" side of the spectrum).

Anyway, lately, I've been cutting the cokes back out and even trying to eat more salad. Today I bought this stupid salad for lunch and it's so frickin overstuffed in the container that when I open it, veggies spill all over my desk. I kept spilling it (and the vinegar dressing) all over my desk and computer with every bite. Had to throw like half the salad out just to make it manageable. Ugh.

Every time they do that. Is there some law that says they have to stuff those packages with twice as many veggies as they should?

Roast beef sammich, anyone?

1 Comments:

Blogger BelowTheCrowd said...

How about the Starbucks (and other) coffee places that feel they need to leave your cup so full that you can't possibly mix anything in without spilling it? In fact, often so full that even with a lid on you spill it while walking down the street.

-btc?

5/18/2005 05:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home