If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: Spam Filters Like Nets Hold Water

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Spam Filters Like Nets Hold Water

I've got Norton's much ballyhooed anti-spam filter in my Outlook. It, along with all the other anti-spam and anti-spyware programs I've put on my PC, slowed the performance of outlook and my overall PC something awful.

I guess the programs work okay, as I now have 603 emails in the anti-spam folder, some of which include former hatemailers who I automatically add to the "this is spam" list. (As an aside, my occasional hatemail used to really get me down because it seemed like I'd get so much. Then after blocking like 8 people, I find I now get very little hatemail. It was the same eight folks blasting me over and over!)

But what I don't understand is how just this morning I had no less than 36 spams from the same frickin' spam place, most of which had the words "fuck" or "blowjob" or other words that I won't print here (you can imagine how repulsive the words must be if I'm refusing to post them). Why the hell can't any of my anti-spam programs include some rules that blocks emails that have such words in the actual subject?

Sigh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

try onlymyemail.com, cost $4.00 per month and is the best program out there for spam.

7/05/2005 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever had an anti-virus program that doesn't kill the speed of my machine. I guess it's the price we pay, if we choose to do so.

7/05/2005 08:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home