If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: A Few Real Cody Jams

Monday, September 19, 2005

A Few Real Cody Jams

You guys didn't think I was joking about writing and recording music, did you? Here's how I spend my sleepless nights and weekend mornings. It's a good thing I live in a corner apartment and soundproofed my "recording studio". ;)

You can download an MP3 of each song by clicking on the title. Rock on.

Drink the Water (The Cody Show)
Lyrics --
You cannot be like this.

Prepare to be repaired but never be prepared.
If only I could destruct my own self-destruction.

Oh, you’ve got to risk it all.
It’s not better to be safe than sorry.

Repair the prepared but better to be repaired.
I destroy all the things I work so hard for.
If only I could destruct my own self-destruction.
I destroy all the things I work so hard for.

You cannot be like this.
Drink the water.



So They Come After Me (The Cody Show)
Lyrics --
And I get up, see you

Well, I don’t know, but I’ve been told,
A fat man can’t see his toes.
And I don’t know, but I’ve been told,
A pretty little woman done stole your soul.

And I get up and die, and I get up and die.

And I don’t know much of anything,
But I know that you’re all the same.

I felt used when you thought of me,
So confused with what you do to me,
I’m abused, what do they want from me?
I’m accused, so they come after me.

Well, everybody’s a cliché,
Repeating what they heard them say,
Everybody’s a cliché,
Repeating all their yesterdays.

And I get up, see you, and die.


Up and Up (The Cody Show)
Lyrics --
Forget me.

Whoa this is trouble, can’t you see it won’t stop?

Are you on the up and up?

You can’t really reach them, be him, siege them,
I can’t really teach them, see them, saw them,
What if I teach them, treat them, retreat them,
Besiege them, bring them, brought them?

Whoa this is trouble, can’t you see it won’t stop?

Are you on the up and up?


Out of Nothing (The Cody Show)
Lyrics --
Deflect the reflex.

Out of nothing at all.

Recognition defeats the distance,
You just gotta look, you just gotta look.

It’s only there if you don’t see it.

Out of nothing it came so fast,
Out of nothing it goes so fast.

Take that chance, chance that take.

Out of nothing, so we got something.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't mix in any P-Diddy samples.... please....

Good stuff.

9/19/2005 10:56:00 PM  
Blogger Cody Willard said...

Oh hell no. No Diddy-O music for me! You guys know my feelings about his music, even as I have to admit I'm a fan of the man.

9/20/2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Cody Willard said...

While I'm in the comments section -- a request. Let's work a little "network effect" magic here. If you guys are so inclined, send this link to some friends and tell them if the jams don't suck to send them to their friends.

PS. I've got 13 of these songs, 11 of which I think don't suck enough that I plan on publishing here on the site someday. What the heck, right? Rock on.

9/20/2005 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's ease up on my man Diddy. Fo real.

Diddy is the head of a global empire. That is incredible for a guy that was "just a rapper" a decade ago.

Regarding his music, I don't think he believes he is writing poetry.

9/20/2005 01:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the guitar on the first song . . . . but hire a singer.

bottom line, you show a lot of potential but don't quit your day job just yet young man ;)

9/20/2005 02:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cody
here is a website you mightlike
FATnSASSYmastering.com Dave is a local in our town who has mastered my guy and his partner. let me know what you think of the music these are songs they did in the last 30 years some of chick and tom. no pictures this time , but i do like the picture of you and your horse. claudia

9/20/2005 11:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool...I would agree that they definitely "don't suck" :-) I enjoyed the guitar work and like the lyrics a lot.

And on somewhat random note (but related to guitars and music)...if you happen to have anything by a band called Pigmy Love Circus in that extensive and eclectic collection of songs on your iPod, my cousin is their bass guitarist.

9/21/2005 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just listened to "Drink the Water" again . . . . mesmerizing guitar licks

9/21/2005 02:05:00 PM  
Blogger Cody Willard said...

Ed -- Tx for the feedback on the gee-tar. Yeah, I wish I could sing. It's a one-man band tho. You should hear me before the re-re-retakes. I get no standing ovations on the rare occassion I've played in the East Village on open mic nites.

Claudia -- Will check it out, tx.

SS -- tx also. and will buy some PLC if they're avail on iTunes.

9/21/2005 03:18:00 PM  
Blogger Cody Willard said...

Oh, and Claudia -- not my horse. But the horse of a woman whom some of my songs are about.

9/21/2005 03:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi cody

forget to tell you I like your songs, keep on rockin and please post more songs

claudia

9/21/2005 05:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cody . . . . "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"

oh crap, did I just violate your copyright???

9/21/2005 08:45:00 PM  
Blogger Cody Willard said...

Anon -- How exactly does ownership of a phrase somehow undermine freedom or whatever it is that your post seems to imply? (Funny delivery though, I grant you that.)

PS. I don't own that one. I own "Keep on bloggin' in the free world"

9/22/2005 06:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home