If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: Christmas Rocks, but It Ain't No Rock and Roll

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Christmas Rocks, but It Ain't No Rock and Roll

I love Xmas and all that jazz. But I think it's time I come to terms with the fact that I hate Christmas music.

Here I am jamming out to an alternative music channel. Just had the Oasis "Lyla" song blasting. Then comes Phantom Planet with "Winter Wonderland ".

I mean, I hate Christmas music ever since my parents used to make us sing carols on our way out to the woods to cut down our tree (fond memories of doing so notwithstanding). But why would any rockstar ever sing Christmas songs?

If and when I become a rock star -- ain't no way I'm gonna' ever put out a stupid Christmas song album.

5 Comments:

Blogger Burk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/15/2005 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger Burk said...

I'd rather hear Christmas carols any day, than you try to sing stupid rock music or brag about being some sub on a sub-par New Mexico team. I mean, grow up. You think you are WAY too cool...and you aren't....

Maybe your dad making you cut the grass with a scissors explains some of it...bad self image...need to overcompensate?? Think about it this Christmas while you are lonely and singing your rock songs...

12/15/2005 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Cody Willard said...

Hey, Rod, I got all the attempts you made and then changed at making this post emailed to me by blogger.com. How many times did you have to re-hearse and re-write this? And whatsa matter, you don't wanna reveal who you really are? LOL. Yeah, this really hurt!

But in all seriousness: thanks for showing you care.

12/15/2005 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger Burk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/17/2005 01:05:00 AM  
Blogger Burk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/17/2005 01:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home