If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: A Legend is Born

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Legend is Born

Someday I'll publish some highlights from back in my glory football days. One of my biggest regrets in life is having quit football in high school to "focus on basketball".

I watched one of my first college football games in like ten years last night, because I usually boycott college sports (the NCAA is, like the American Medical Association, an illegal monopoly, and it's not cool at all that people like Coach K and everyone else and the universities make billions off the backs of athletes who are lucky to graduate college...but I digress).

Holy cow that was an amazing game last night though. Best football game I've ever seen. You couldn't script Vince Young walking into the end zone on a fourth and five from the five with 28 seconds left.

Other than having to watch the game on mute because the idiot announcers were so bad (I was #14 when I was quarterback on the Colts in 6th grade --- before I switched to 23 in 7th grade (Jordan of course) --- because of Dan Fouts. But he is a horrible announcer, let's face it. And who was that idiot host during halftime who would ask the player from Alabama and the soldier in Iraq one stupid question and then leave them hanging with their half-answers...but I digress), that was simply an amazing event to watch as I worked on my laptop last night.

And Vince Young has to be the best football player since Jim Brown. Period.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Dear God,

Please let the Texans have a flash of brilliance and recruit Vince Young as our first round.

Amen

Brilliant game, even the Aggies were cheering.

1/05/2006 11:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home