If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: Enjoy the Moment!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Enjoy the Moment!

Anger? You tell me. All I know is that my recent posts about having some FUN in my life has elicited all kinds of passionate feedback. I have long time readers/emailers telling me that "using a Cody-line, they're done" with me. I know I've upset some physical-world because of the storytelling of my escapades in Utah below.

I don't get it.

Am I supposed to be defending my actions here?

Somebody remind me again what it is I'm defending. Working, networking, learning? (I have a column on TheStreet.com about what I got out of Sundance work-wise, btw.) Having some fun in Utah? Skiing for two days? Partying/networking with people until 5am?


And now I'm at the Grammy's. And I really am pinching myself, having such a great time. I mean, I pulled into the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills last night, and I'm just so stuck in the moment. Isn't this why we work so hard? Isn't this why we take the risks and perservere through horrible times? Isn't this why I haven't missed a day that the market's been open in more than three years?

Isn't this a moment I SHOULD BE ENJOYING?!

Well, dammit, I am enjoying it (irony noted). This is a dream, people, and if you want to stick around and have some fun with me while I live this phase out, great. If you only want to read my deepest, darkest depressions, heartbreaks, and painful phases --- well, that's just not gonna happen right now. Because I know those times will come again, and perhaps any minute. And when they do, I'll bleed on these pages again.

In the meantime, I'm embracing that ol' saw of enjoying while I can. Smelling some roses. Literally, because they put rose pedals in my room here. Hoohah, indeed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bizonomics said...

Cody - don't worry what other people think...this is your ride...they can't stop the revolution.

Bill

2/08/2006 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger BelowTheCrowd said...

Cody,

Don't let the fools get you down.

I'll be the first to admit that you wouldn't catch me dead at the events you've been to in the past couple of weeks. Hell, I was just a few miles away from you when you were at Sundance and didn't bother heading over that way!

But hey, that's what life's about. I don't expect anybody else to enjoy my idea of fun, and I sure don't criticize anybody else for having fun their own way. The only ones who I think need some criticism are those who refuse to have fun and then put down those who do.

I enjoy my life. I lot of people wouldn't. But I'm not living for them, and neither should you.

-btc

2/12/2006 06:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home