If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: NMF: The Cody Show Revisited

Friday, February 24, 2006

NMF: The Cody Show Revisited

This week's New Music Friday is the four most popular tracks from The Cody Show, as based on number of downloads. A 'best of' if you will.

Castles Burning -- The Cody Show (my "band"'s cover of Neil's beautiful song, "Don't Let It Bring You Down"...my take is, uh, well, different, as these folks will attest.)

After The Gold Rush Peace C -- The Cody Show (see above...I consider Neil's songs to be beautiful music. Not sure you can say the same thing about anything I've ever played....though I do give it everything I've got...)

Think of You (ToY) -- The Cody Show

Trouble's My Friend -- The Cody Show

Whisper To Me -- The Cody Show

Two Cents Worth (Extended Intro) -- The Cody Show


Maybe I'll come back and type some more self-introspective (hmm, redundantly repetitive?) stuff about how I hate my voice and about how I wrote "Two Cents Worth" and "Think of You" (it's about 9/11....have a music video we did that I'll publish soon about that too....) in a lower key than I played it in, and then I played them backwards at a 20% faster beat than I wrote it in, and then I slowed the guitars down and ran them in reverse to end up in the right key with the chords in the right order at the right beat.

But I'm just beat after a week of days sorta like this: (you can watch this clip or read this column). Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah that music sucks.

2/26/2006 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home