If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: A Quote to Inspire

Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Quote to Inspire

My friend, Leah, daughter of one of the most important influences in my life, Blaine Miller, just sent me this quote and I just love it:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

As the current slogan on my blog says, "Dream big, man, dream big."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great quote. teddy roosevelt.

2/23/2006 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger GrizzlyBear said...

Dear Cody-
Both AAPL and GOOG have done pretty well this week- congratulations.
But I believe they are both topped out as of right now (Friday 2.45 pm). Contra hour is closing and I don't see a lot of enthusiasm pushing these two of your "faves" higher today. Quite the contrary in my opinion, which is why I am long AAPL puts. My question to you is: are you unloading any of your holdings in AAPL or GOOG?
What is your opinion of AAPL's special event announcement next week? I don't think they can release anything massive enough to generate new buying in the shares. Your colleauge at Real$ Suttmeir has a more realistic view when he says look to buy apple @ 57....
Respect to you bro' in any event. I apologize for being rude in some of my postings to you.... but I do take issues with some of your market comments.
Have a nice weekend.
Grizzly Bear

2/24/2006 02:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home