If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: DC Here I Come

Thursday, March 24, 2005

DC Here I Come

I'm meeting my parents in DC tomorrow. I haven't seen my father in over a year. Very excited.

I'm beat from dealing with this virus (couldn't boot up for a couple hours this morning) and writing and trading and working and playing all week. Bru-TAL.

As for The Pillowman, I'll just say that Peter North was great -- er, I mean, Billy Crudup was good. Seriously, the acting was pretty damn good. Michael Stuhlbarg was sweet and innocent and forced you to sympathize with him. Jeff Goldblum (who's quite tall -- I could dunk on him though) was funny and harsh at the same time -- not easy to do. He started off a little clunky, but caught his stride quickly. Zeljko Ivanek is one of those actors whom you always recognize but can't remember from what. He was solid as the violent, vstupid cop character. I swear that I think he was smoking a joint instead of a cigarrette in the first scene. Sure did smell like Mary Jane.

The play itself was deep and thought-inspiring. Had nightmares from it last night even.

Have a great weekend if I don't post again. I'll do this week's iMix on Monday if I don't get it up here tomorrow. Peace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should stop by the Tabard Inn on 17th and N for a drink if you have time. One of my favorite spots when I lived in DC.

3/25/2005 11:39:00 AM  
Anonymous quickbooks 800 number said...

quickbooks online payroll support

11/02/2017 11:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home