If your browser doesn't automatically take you to The Cody Blog within a few seconds, please click here.
The Cody Blog: Black is the New Black

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Black is the New Black

A few months ago, I'd noted that denim was the new black -- it's what was cool in NYC. Well, much like the Meatpacking District, which I'd noted is getting to be long in the tooth of its cool days, denim's not quite as cutting edge as it was in NYC even just a few months ago.

No, I'm thinking black is the new black again. Last night I met two beautiful, trendy women for dinner at one of their apartments and then we headed out to meet another friend for drinks. I was wearing some faded black (better to burn out, than to fade away) True Religion jeans, a black T shirt and a wrinkly, black pin stipe suit jacket. The two women I was with were -- without any prompting or pre-planning -- both in black dresses.

And, I gotta say -- the all black thing was pretty darn cool...partly because we were definitely in the minority out there last night. Black's not "in" right now. Yet, of course, that makes it "in". I'm telling ya', especially as we head into fall and winter -- black is the new black to close out 2005.

Don't get me wrong -- I'll still be wearing jeans with my black, but black is back.

P.S. I would have quoted AC/DC for this post -- but, how could I now that it simply conjures up images of a cell phone. Oh the humanity of selling out! Say it ain't so, Angus, oh, god of rock.

P.P.S. I'll be writing an article about investing for Realmoney.com that is all about how badly I messed up True Religion the stock.

P.P.P.S The two women went on to the very same Gansevoort Hotel in the very same Meatpacking district for yet more drinks last night at midnight -- but I had nothing left to give and headed home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Great Blog, Cody. Just wanted to give you props.

www.mauitrader.blogspot.com

8/18/2005 06:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog. Well done!

Perhaps you can check out my generation lead mlm program site.
It covers pretty much everything to do with generation lead mlm program related stuff.

8/19/2005 06:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

black is beautiful, but washed out denim is just to kool for school

8/21/2005 10:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home